How To Wash Comforter
"Useful Tips to Sanitize a Comforter for a Good Night Sleep"
What makes your bed unmistakably heavenly? No dollars for guessing though, it’s a comforter!
People nowadays are spending on buying comforters not only to spruce up their bedding but also to ameliorate the sleeping experience. A comforter is a perfect continental quilt for keeping your body and soul warm in the truest sense.
So, steering back to the crux of the topic- How to wash a comforter? Before you fumble for words, here are a few statistics you need to look for:
- Studies show that 78% of people have confessed washing their comforters once in a blue moon.
- Additionally, recent surveys revealed that approximately 2 out of 15 homeowners opt for laundry wash. The rest of them shy away from the process owing to the expense.
- A good section of people has also confessed that they avoid washing comforters due to a lack of proper knowledge.
- If you fall under any of these categories, don’t worry; you are not being judged. However, you need to cultivate the habit of cleansing comforters to restore the quality and get rid of the dust mites.
- What can be scarier? The allergens! Comforters harbor a gamut of allergens which are powerful enough to ruin your bedtime.
To do away with all these issues, washing these quilts at least twice a year is a must!
This Blog Aims to Discuss The Easy Tips For How To Wash Comforter, Take a Tour to Rinse your Comforter
Check the Label
- This is perhaps the thumb rule of washing any sort of quilt. Comforters likely come with tags having cleaning instructions on them. You need to read the label thoroughly to move on with the process. Some of the essential elements to look for are as follows:
Choose the Right Detergent
- Type of material to prevent shrinkage
- Dry clean, hand wash or machine wash
- Use of water and soap
- Specific temperature setting (if any)
Deal with the Stains
- Mild detergents are always advised to use to make the water wash well. There is a basic science behind this. Detergents reduce the surface tension of the wet material for a uniform distribution of water. As the surfactants seep into the dirty fibers, rinsing becomes more effective.
- Before you take it forward, there is a bit to be done. Spot stains and tears. If you skip this step, you will be ruining the comforter and the machine too! Treating the stains and patching holes is vital to ward off leakage.
You can deploy the following steps to get it done:
- Look for spots
- Take out the filling away from the blotched area
- Treat with a mixture of water and baking soda
- Also, look out for any tears or loose threads
- Stitch them with a needle to avoid further damage
- Decide on the Machine
Yes! This is another important consideration about How to Wash Comforter?
- You need to choose the right machine to dodge any sort of bottlenecks. For instance, if there is no room in a washing machine after putting a comforter, the cleaning won’t be much effective due to the shrinkage of the fillers.
- Therefore, if your washing machine is not a perfect fit for your comforter, opt for a commercial machine at your laundromat. The costing is not exorbitant in such a case.
The tag on the comforter may provide specifics on temperature settings. Give a read to the information to restore the color and fabric.
Once you are done with the process of washing, shift it to the dryer (assuming the comforter to be dryer safe). You may use tennis balls or dryer balls to fluff throughout the cleaning cycle. Moreover, setting the temperature low, you should ooze the quilt periodically to avoid lump and settle the filling.
- If you are opting for sundry, lay the comforter flat outside and alter the sides as and when required.
- That’s all in a nutshell! Head off with the process this weekend to sleep with a clean comforter rendering utmost comfort and coziness!